At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As an Associate Director on the Sponsorship & Experiential Marketing, you will be the lead on specific programs and work with a team to develop and implement fully integrated programs that are anchored in live event experiences. You will develop and guide strategies, on-site activation and execution to generate consumer engagement that provides measurable results, increased brand consideration, and improved ROI of engagement marketing efforts. You will collaborate with other Saatchi departments, partners and vendors to support the event components with relevant paid media, PR, earned media, social and custom content when a strategic approach calls for it.
As a senior member, this position will help anchor a team in the Saatchi Torrance office and will be a key client liaison, working closely with a team of 13+ Sponsorship and Experiential Marketing team members that work in tandem, across two locations, Dallas, TX and Torrance, CA. Representing a top tier automotive partner, the team manages a wide variety of programs across sports, music, lifestyle and special interests.
Candidate experience must include:
- Development of strategic plans for client projects, leveraging industry and sponsorship knowledge.
- An accomplished depth of knowledge about the sponsorship and event industry including examples of negotiating and developing sponsorships.
- A proven level of comfort interfacing professionally and effectively with clients on a daily basis.
- Cross functional familiarity with paid media, PR and social platforms to support on-site elements
- Understanding of research and analytics related to events and sponsorships.
- Experience managing, leading and motivating a team.
- Exemplary attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time effectively.
- Comprehensive budget and timeline management.
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Working with professional athletes and/or celebrities
- Background and understanding of Action Sports and Olympics verticals
- Developing custom creative for broadcast, print, digital and/or social media
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively across two offices, leading a team to develop the strategy and drive projects as the senior member on the assigned team.
- Supporting the Group Director in Dallas, acting as a key liaison for clients, providing guidance, continuity and support across a wide variety of projects. Some of these projects you will lead and others you will be a contributing team member.
- Negotiating and executing sponsorship agreements with promoters, organizers and media partners, understanding standard contractual language.
- Managing 2 to 3 team members on each project, providing clear direction and oversight throughout the program.
- Representing the client as you oversee and manage onsite activations with activation vendors, promoters and partners to ensure flawless execution
- Managing and being accountable for assigned program budgets, vendor contracts and billing process for assigned programs.
- Setting and managing target metrics on all programs.
- Demonstrating passion for creating new processes and solutions.
- Seeking new opportunities that will contribute to the client’s objectives and developing those new opportunities.
- Continually assess competitive landscape and provide insights on industry trends.
- Participation on integrated agency teams that support product launches and special projects.
- Interfacing with multiple internal Saatchi teams, developing and maintaining relationships to help maximize the effectiveness of programs.
- Travel up to 50%. (average 30%)
- Help build strategic 360 marketing plans leveraging all sponsorship rights, benefits and assets.
- Develop relationship with brand partners, agents and vendors to stay in tune with up and coming talent and industry landscape shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of operations experience working within the sponsorship/event industry with proven track record of developing strategy based on client objectives and a clear understanding of event planning.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Expertise in negotiating sponsorship agreements.
- Experienced understanding of building a fully integrated sponsorship.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to address task at hand in an ever changing envoirnment
- Effective problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, handle large volume tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Agency background preferred
- College degree required
- Proficiency in either snowboarding or skiing is preferred for navigating winter event sites