TITLE: Art Studio Artist
REPORTS TO: Senior Print Producer (Dallas)
At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
We also believe that creating transformational work requires passion, tenacity and a focus on measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As an artist in the studio you must be talented, experienced, positive, versatile, flexible and nimble. Excellent software skills as listed below are mandatory. You must be design oriented with fresh ideas about ways of working and thinking. Our art studio adds value to the Creative teams, helping to make the work better, as well as technically accurate. Continuously developing your skills, specifically in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Web Design is expected. You are part of the problem solving, “GO TO” Integrated Art Services team, for the Creatives, IM, PM and Producers of all media. An enthusiastic attitude and passion for the work is a must and an expectation of late nights and changing plans a given.
Success for this position is measured by:
- Highly skilled in Creative Suite 2017, Keynote, PowerPoint
- Continued education/training in technologies for interactive, social, etc.
- Responsible for accurate plotter costs recorded in SPARK, timing, budget & quality control on all assigned
An ideal candidate will have 5 years experience working in a creative environment, preferably in advertising environment, entertainment or marketing.
Candidate experience and skills should include:
- Must have at least 5 years experience working with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Proven ability to work quickly and independently, anticipating, recognizing and resolving problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail. Experience with PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, creative driven environment, dealing directly with Creative Team, Production Teams, and Project Management.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or on weekends with little or short notice.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Creative and Production to hone and finesse layouts and implement in varied formats and mediums for final production.
- Work closely with team to maintain creative direction, brand adherence and consistency of material produced
- Participate in the review of projects assigned for iMedia Partnerships
- Work with Creatives to build At-A-Glance documents based on assigned campaign
- Strong attention to typography and detail.
- Taking ownership of your work: the ability to recognize and solve problems as they arise in any given project.
- Work closely with Project Manager to plan and schedule your own projects. From single ads or banners, or web related projects to large, multiple page books as well as with the Creative team assigned to project.
- Accurate interpretation of specifications for print and interactive, and proactively seek answers where information is unclear.
- Quality photo retouching for print and interactive use.
- Able to respond creatively and timely to requests for design, logo, Illustration, Web and Print layout work.
- Responsible for accurate and prompt time tracking and file management.
- Traditional hand skills for mounting and creating of prototypes, props, and presentations.
- Actively embraces agency vision to create and protect big transformational ideas for our clients
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be respectful and professional in all situations.