At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As an Associate Media Director, you will be looked at as a leader within the Consumer Communications (C2) Group. Core responsibilities of the job involve applying critical and creative thinking beyond the scope of media solutions including translating expectations into deliverables and communicating those deliverables across departments. Associate Directors on the team are required to have strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and solutions through writing and presenting strategic, executive level documents. Managing communication and balancing agency realities across departments is also critical to the Associate C2 Director role.
Success for this position is measured by the following:
- Strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and strategy
- Strong understanding of multiple forms of media planning and buying including digital, TV, print, out-of-home and social media
- Innovation through inspiring the team
- Responsible for all direct reports
- Innovate existing media process to be more efficient and more innovative
- Ability to generate and evolve ideas proposed internally and by media partners
- Working with the analytics team to develop and utilize intuitive, thoughtful, useful performance analysis and metrics
- Collaborate effectively in cross-team settings including other departments such as creative, production, account management, analytics, strategy and project management
- Producing work that delivers on clients goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results
- Professional demeanor when dealing with internal and external partners
- Integrity and optimism, regardless of the situation
- Leading by example, finding solutions and striving for excellence in all areas including
An ideal candidate will be an established leader with the knowledge and skills to translate a vision for the team into best-in-class media solutions based on strategic insight that amplify a campaign to deliver on client goals.
The position requires candidates with:
- Minimum 7-8 years of solid media planning experience across various mediums (Print, Broadcast focus, with some Digital) with at least one of those being in a AMD capacity for at least 1 year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively to develop strategic advertising and media solutions
- Ability to prioritize large volume of own work as well as manage team deliverables and providing feedback in a timely fashion
- Working knowledge of media research tools (IMS, MRI, Nielsen, ComScore, Simmons, etc.) and ability to analyze syndicated research
- Working knowledge of the digital and (paid) social media landscape
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changes in direction
Additional Candidate experience should include:
- College degree
- Resourcefulness, creatively using resources to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- Working comprehension of strategy development and required media math
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with vendors, clients, etc.
- Proficiency with the following computer software/systems: Internet and email applications, MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint), IMS (MRI/Simmons), Kantar, Media Ocean, DCM, Nielsen, Rentrak, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Organizational skills to manage and prioritize team daily work flow
- Ability to develop media strategy based upon client objectives
- Possess a working comprehension of client’s business objectives
- Develop, write, present and execute media recommendations and POV’s
- Lead a discussion or negotiation with key business partners (publishers, technology companies, etc.), clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills
- Generating ideas
- Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (clients, media vendors)
- Carry out buying strategies and negotiate media to maximize investment
- Proactively address process and communications issues and impediments
- Responsible for coaching, guidance, inspirational leadership and performance management of all direct reports
- Support and inspire the work and the people
- Other duties as assigned.