Title: Senior Digital Strategist
Reports to: Digital Strategy Director
At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We
believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a
team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and
expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration. We
also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an
entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable
results and business success for the clients we service.
Maybe you are a traditional brand planner looking to influence
branded (non-social) digital platforms, or a digital strategist that loves
data, research and consumer insights. Maybe you are a social
strategist who wants to play a part in the larger digital brand
ecosystem. This job is part brand planner, part digital strategist, part
content strategist - with a sincere love of all things storytelling and
If you can see yourself playing these roles, then read on!
As a Senior Digital Strategist, you live and breathe all things digital.
You believe that every touchpoint has a goal and you are the master
of crafting the vision and roadmap to get to that goal.
In this role, you will champion creative, content, media, and launch
work on behalf of our clients and lead the strategy from
concept/product story creation, through to development across all
digital (and some physical) touchpoints.
You make everyone around you better. Your peers thrive on your
curiosity and passion to make meaningful brand connections.
Success for this position is measured by the ability to guide a strategic
concept to completion. Your role is to activate the digital strategy on
project briefs, communications plans and engagement + participation
strategies; applying consumer insights, data and knowledge of the
business at the project level to inform and inspire creative partners to
deliver against even the most challenging objectives.
Lastly, your ability to foster strong professional, trust-based
relationships with planners, creatives, experience designers, data
analysts and development and technology leads as well as with the
agency’s clients will be critical to the success of this role.
An ideal candidate is a digital native who has a passion for learning
and always uncovering new opportunities in the digital space and who
has a solid grounding in the world of digital media and technology. A
true collaborator, this role requires someone who has an enterprising
spirit, willing to go above and beyond the expected contribution to a
given project specifically to help ensure the project and everyone
involved achieve success.
Candidate experience should include:
• 6-9 years experience in an agency or startup setting, working
with clients and top brands.
• A solid understanding of the business information (qualitative
and quantitative) used by clients in their day to day activities and
stewardship of the brand.
• A proven understanding of the client’s business, economics,
major customer segments and competitive set.
• Has a knowledgeable, solid understanding of all capabilities
required to execute digital marketing initiatives.
• Expertise in mobile (apps and native web), social and SEO is
• Ability to provide marketing and creative recommendations
based on customer, channel, business and brand insight.
• Well versed in brand storytelling and experience working across
disciplines with traditional marketing and digital teams, especially
data-driven media teams.
• Ability to clearly articulate desired outcomes, ensure project
objectives are met and merchandise past successes through
strategy and recap reports.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks, multitask
and manage time effectively.
• Proven success managing client requests and flawlessly
implementing feedback with the creative and technology groups
as part of the working-level team.
• Is viewed by creative as a leader, internally and by clients, in
developing impactful creative briefs and displays a solid
understanding of the SSLA digital offering.
• Hungry to make the awesome happen every day.
• A specialization global Olympic and/or global sports-related
digital marketing is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Applying consumer insights, data and knowledge of the business
at the project level.
• Development of strategic briefs, insights presentations, and
occasional trend analyses to support the creative.
• Consulting on creative work from initial idea through to
• Development and implementation of rollout and touchpoint
strategies for campaign deliverables, including engagement and
participation plans for digital, social, paid and earned ideas.
• Collaboration with XD, visual design, media team leads, creative,
social, technology + development partners to ensure the ideas
are centered on core business goals and campaign objectives.
• Champion creative thinking and ideas across the agency and
• Support day-to-day requests from senior-level client