Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles, is a fully integrated advertising agency. We know the power of great ideas positively impact our clients business - and we do believe great ideas can live anywhere. We know creating innovative and transformational work requires the initiative that comes from an entrepreneurial spirit, with a bold commitment to achieve measurable results and business success.
We believe in our people, and we know our people are key to our success. When we work as a team, Nothing Is Impossible.
Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles has a once in a lifetime career opportunity for people ready to step to the challenge. Our long-standing global client, Toyota, is beginning an 8-year relationship with a Global Sports Organization and we are hiring people to join the dedicated Global team based in Los Angeles.
The Saatchi & Saatchi team works as one-team with our business partner team at Dentsu Tokyo -- together we lead the global advertising and communications for Toyota's global sports partnership.
The people who join our Los Angeles based team, should have the experience and desire to work on a global assignment. The team works across multiple languages, currencies, cultures, time zones and will be expected to create systems, processes, procedures to streamline our work flow and improve communication. The Global Team will be expected to work with the country teams (including the U.S.), but will not have specific assignment responsibilities for country-specific work.
As the Communications AMD, you will be looked at as a leader within the Global Media team. Core responsibilities of the job involve applying critical and creative thinking beyond the scope of media solutions including translating expectations into deliverables and communicating those deliverables across several countries and other advertising agencies. Associate Directors on the team are required to have strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and solutions through writing and presenting strategic, executive level documents. Managing communication and balancing agency realities across departments is also critical to the Associate Director role.
Success for this position is measured by the following:
- Strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and strategy
- Strong understanding of multiple forms of media planning and buying including broadcast, digital, print, and out-of-home
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners/teams including clients, outside agencies, media partners, account management, creative, production, analytics, strategy and project management
- Innovation through inspiring the team
- Responsible for all direct reports
- Innovate existing media process to be more efficient and more innovative
- Ability to generate and evolve ideas proposed internally and by media partners
- Working with the analytics team to develop and utilize intuitive, thoughtful, useful performance analysis and metrics
- Producing work that delivers on clients goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results
- Professional demeanor when dealing with internal and external partners
- Integrity and optimism, regardless of the situation
- Leading by example, finding solutions and striving for excellence in all areas
An ideal candidate will be an established leader with the knowledge and skills to translate a vision for the team into best-in-class media solutions based on strategic insight that amplify a campaign to deliver on client goals.
The position requires candidates with:
- Minimum 7-8 years of solid media planning experience across various mediums (Broadcast, Digital, Print and OOH)
- Minimum of 4 years in a management role
- Global experience not required but highly valued, including coordinating campaigns across global markets, and experience working with global sports partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively to develop strategic advertising and media solutions
- Ability to prioritize large volume of own work as well as manage team deliverables and providing feedback in a timely fashion
- Working knowledge of media research tools (IMS, MRI, Nielsen, ComScore, Simmons, etc.) and ability to analyze syndicated research
- Working knowledge of the digital media landscape
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changes in direction
Additional Candidate experience should include:
- College degree
- Resourcefulness, creatively using resources to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- Working comprehension of strategy development and required media math
- Ablity to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with vendors, clients, etc.
- Proficiency with the following computer software/systems: Internet and email applications, MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint), IMS (MRI/Simmons), Kantar, Media Ocean, DCM, Nielsen, Rentrak, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Organizational skills to manage and prioritize team daily work flow
- Ability to develop media strategy based upon client objectives and communicate the strategies to several countries/markets
- Possess a working comprehension of client’s business objectives
- Develop, write, present and execute media recommendations and POV’s
- Lead a discussion or negotiation with key business partners (publishers, technology companies, etc.), clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills
- Generating ideas
- Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (clients, other agencies, media vendors)
- Carry out buying strategies and negotiate media to maximize investment
- Proactively address process and communications issues and impediments
- Responsible for coaching, guidance, inspirational leadership and performance management of all direct reports
- Support and inspire the work and the people
- Other duties as assigned.