At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
We have a once in a lifetime career opportunity for people ready to step to the challenge. Our long-standing global client, Toyota, is beginning an 8-year relationship with a Global Sports Organization and we are hiring people to join the dedicated Global team based in Los Angeles. The Saatchi & Saatchi team works as one-team with our business partner team at Dentsu Tokyo -- together we lead the global advertising and communications for Toyota's global sports partnership.
The people who join our Los Angeles based team, should have the experience and desire to work on a global assignment. The team works across multiple languages, currencies, cultures, time zones and will be expected to create systems, processes, procedures to streamline our work flow and improve communication. The Global Team will be expected to work with the country teams (including the U.S.), but will not have specific assignment responsibilities for country-specific work.
As a Supervisor on the Sponsorship & Experiential Marketing, you will be assigned to support the sponsorship of this global sports property. You will help support a team that will develop and implement fully integrated programs that are anchored in live event experiences, custom content and promotion. You will help develop and guide strategies, on-site activation and execution to generate consumer engagement that provides measurable results, increased brand consideration, and improved ROI of engagement marketing efforts. You will collaborate with other Saatchi departments, partners and vendors to support the event components with relevant paid media, PR, earned media, social and custom content when a strategic approach calls for it.
Candidate experience must include:
- Solid sports marketing experience along with a knowledge and love of sports.
- Having played a pivotal role working on a major sports property, preferably supporting programs that have reached multiple countries
- Development of strategic plans for client projects, leveraging industry and sponsorship knowledge.
- Understanding of the sponsorship and event industry including examples of developing sponsorships.
- Some familiarity with athlete management, and contract negotiations helpful.
- A proven level of comfort interfacing professionally and effectively with clients on a daily basis.
- Cross functional familiarity with paid media, PR and social platforms to support on-site elements
- Understanding of research and analytics related to events and sponsorships.
- Great attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time effectively.
- Comprehensive budget and timeline management.
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Working alongside a supervising Director you will be part of an integrated agency team that will be dedicated to launching a first time global sponsorship for a global client.
- Managing and tracking vendor contracts including billing and payment processes.
- Interfacing with associates across multiple countries and cultures in order to execute plans.
- Representing the client as you oversee and manage onsite activations with activation vendors, promoters and partners to ensure flawless execution
- Setting and managing target metrics on all programs.
- Help build strategic 360 marketing plans leveraging all sponsorship rights, benefits and assets.
- Collaborating with multiple internal Saatchi teams, developing and maintaining relationships to help maximize the effectiveness of programs.
- Develop relationship with brand partners, agents and vendors to stay in tune with up and coming talent and industry landscape shifts
- Travel, including internationally.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience working within the sponsorship/event industry with proven track record of developing strategy based on client objectives and a clear understanding of event planning.
- Experienced understanding of building a fully integrated sponsorship.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to address task at hand in an ever changing envoirnment
- Effective problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, handle large volume tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Agency background preferred
- Understanding of Japanese would be a bonus.
- College degree required