Associate Director, Paid Social Media, C2 Paid Media Team
At Saatchi, we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe everyone matters, and we believe when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
Our collective goal is to create compelling user experiences that engage consumers with our brands and inspire loyalty beyond reason. We are a diverse group of like-minded individuals, brought together by a passion for creating unexpected breakthrough ideas based on insightful strategies. The work on behalf of our client positively influences popular culture through a vast array of media channels. We are thought leaders, collaborators, finishers, and believers in the flawless execution of cutting edge advertising.
At Saatchi Dallas and LA, we believe that creating transformational work requires passion, tenacity, curiosity, and optimism. We believe in bringing out the best in each other, and in ourselves in a culture built on collaboration and support. As a Saatchi team member, you are a visionary and an innovator with a cutting edge acumen and a zest for experimentation. If you can see yourself here, keep reading!
As the Associate Director, Paid Social Media, you will need to be a self-starter and a leader with the knowledge and passion to provide strategic direction for clients, partner agencies, internal teams and management to build paid social recommendations that are best in class and strive for constant innovation.
In addition to working with clients and internal teams, this position is responsible for strategic partnerships with each of the social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Snapchat, etc.) and our Preferred Marketing Developer. This person will need to apply critical and creative thinking beyond the scope of media solutions including translating expectations into deliverables and communicating those deliverables across departments.
Associate Directors on the team are required to have strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and solutions through writing and presenting strategic, executive level documents. Managing communication and balancing agency realities across departments is also critical.
Roles & responsibilities of this position include:
- Complete comprehension and application of marketing, advertising, media objectives and strategies and how those are executed against via paid social media
- Developing recommendations that deliver on agreed upon objectives and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results
- Flawless and on-time implementation and execution of paid social media plans
- Working with the analytics team to develop and utilize intuitive, thoughtful, useful performance analysis and metrics
- Effective collaboration in cross-team settings across LA and Dallas offices, including other departments such as creative, production, account management, analytics, strategy and project management
- Excellent communication throughout all aspects of the media planning process and professional demeanor when dealing with clients internal and external partners
- Integrity and optimism, regardless of the situation
- Ability to work in collaboration with events team and other media planning teams to build integrated media plans based on overarching campaign communication objectives and strategy
- Seek out innovations
- Build innovations in our work, in the category, in the consumer experience
- Inspiring the team to deliver best-in-class recommendations
- Inspire the Saatchi teams as well as the clients
- Always lead by example, finding solutions and strive for excellence in all areas
- Some weekend work and travel to events are required for this positions
- This position will also be expected to travel between LA and Dallas Offices from time-to-time
- Minimum six (6) years of digital marketing experience with a focus on Paid Social Media and a minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory role (minimum of three reports)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and previous senior level client management experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Keynote and Photoshop not required, but are a plus
- Innate curiosity and aptitude (staying abreast of trends and activities in the digital and especially social marketing) that proactively demonstrate thought leadership
- Must be able to handle a large volume of work
- Some knowledge and experience with integrated marketing including off-line extensions and events
- Experience with Paid Social Activation around Sports/Motorsports and Music events is a plus
- Demonstrate resourcefulness to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- Working comprehension of media concepts required media math (e.g. CPM, CPV, Actualizations, etc.)
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing
- Ability to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Automotive or retail media experience is desirable