Account Director, Content & Platform
Location: Dallas, TX
At Saatchi LA, we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that, when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other, and in ourselves and expect our leaders to understand the value of close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational work requires passion, tenacity, curiosity and optimism. And, we believe that working 2.5 miles from the beach isn't so bad, either.
We are seeking an Account Director to champion the creation of impactful content and digital experiences on behalf of our clients. The successful candidate will have extensive experience with both the content creation process and digital design and development process.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about insights that can be derived from research in order to create work that is perceived by consumers as helpful instead of interruptive. Part strategist, part philosopher, part perpetual student - with a sincere love of all things storytelling and digital. In a daily capacity, you will work within the Content and Platform group, focused on the tools and digital experiences that consumers engage with and the content that shapes them as well as other offline channels.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Acts as an inspiring leader of brand, business, and customer insight in client teams, peer groups, and internal meetings.
- Is able to synthesize customer and business insights into the development of creative strategies.
- Demonstrates a depth of understanding of Client’s business and how to lead result‐ oriented projects in a fast‐paced marketing environment.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in content development, including creative concepting, photography production, film production, 3D development, site production and analytics.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in digital design and development processes.
- Has managed large digital properties with experience across websites, apps and connected ecosystems.
- Ability to translate strategic positioning of a portfolio of products to guide creative development on digital, film and print platforms.
- Consistently develops high-impact client presentations.
- Acts as a leader in implementing processes to get insight permeating the broader team.
- Is recognized by other departments as effectively balancing client and SSLA demands, while still delivering high impact work.
- Helps refine creative that leads to impactful, relevant work.
- Is able to turn several marketing initiatives into SSLA intellectual capital.
- Successfully leads teams to execute several high-profile, ground breaking programs (i.e. can shape good work).
- Experience managing Scope, fee/retainer, and resourcing
- Actively listens, proactively plans, understands and connects agency resources to maximize output and drive efficiency.
- Works with client and key retail stakeholders to ensure ideas that are sold stay true to the strategy plan through production/implementation
- Responsible for coaching, guidance, inspirational leadership and performance management of all direct reports.
- Consistently manages client and internal expectations.
- Ability to manage account team of 10+
- Provide ongoing guidance and leadership to team with regard to strategic imperatives on a per model and project basis.
- Lead or oversee creative execution and management across photography, video, 3D shoots and digital development.
- Understands “the bigger picture” above the detail around client programs and business activity.
- Leads the protocol for all inter-agency disciplines supporting the content development cycle.
- Is a clear partner and advisor to day-to-day clients, and is sought after for opinions.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and perspective when solving client issues.
- Frames key issues facing the client and develops recommended approaches; demonstrating an ability to help senior clients shape and inform their priorities.
- Is a visible presence with client’s senior management and respected for deep category comprehension.
- Demonstrates a track record of work with senior clients to shape the client’s priorities.
- Provides leadership in balancing workload across Content and Platform teams.
- Ability to bridge and guide one team working in two locations (Dallas & LA)
Financial Skills and Project Management
- Management of annual production budgets across entire portfolio
- Displays strong financial and production management skills at a project level
- Develops accurate forecasts, identifies resource gaps against plans
- Is recognized as effectively balancing client and agency team demands to deliver high-impact work on time and on budget.
- Manages a team to consistently and successfully deliver execution of complex programs.
- Proactively searches out best practices to strengthen team delivery.
- Understands impact and nature of Content and Platform initiatives in an effort to support the comprehensive deliverables to the client.
- Ability to successfully navigate through multiple departments, partner agencies and stakeholders both internally and externally
- Leads partnership between Content and Platform disciplines to ensure alignment across Content & Platform day-to-day deliverables / projects
- Leads client deliverables through an understanding of bigger overarching business goals and objectives as well as the dependencies that impact any given project.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in process and collaboration among different disciplines.