As a Content Manager, you will assist the Production department in managing content on Toyota.com (TCOM), Toyota Owners (TOwners) website and any other Toyota Motor Sales (TMS) platform properties. You will participate in publishing best in class content for social and digital campaigns, enterprise platforms, and other initiatives. This work will span across multiple platforms and will need to be managed within scope, schedule, and budget.
Success for this position is measured by the ability to:
- Prioritize workload while remaining accountable to multiple production leads on a daily basis
- Demonstrate a keen attention to detail, be well organized, possesses good decision-making skills, and have self-administrative skills
- Display passion for improving processes and solutions
- Research and share practical solutions for roadblocks and challenges
- Develop new skill sets as assignments require
- Build knowledge and skills around technical and production disciplines
- Nurture a network of strong relationships to support projects
A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter, with good judgment, excellent computer skills, and a positive attitude who brings enthusiasm to their daily tasks. They must also be a team player, and possess the ability to handle a large volume of work & short deadlines that often require working extended hours. An interest and passion for cars and the automotive market is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a college degree, with a background in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or another related degree.
Candidate experience should include:
- College degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Understanding of the fundamental software engineering principles and methodologies of testing software
- Interactive / digital experience in content or asset management
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-directed work ethic with the ability to manage and prioritize workload, make decisions with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with peers, make sound decisions, and appropriately respond to difficult situations
- Adaptability and comfort working on different types of projects daily (i.e. mailings, report creation, administrative duties, research)
- Basic knowledge of bug tracking and workflow tools such as Jira, Mavenlink, Basecamp, etc.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Familiarity with code release workflows, processes and checks/balances within different platform environments such as Dev, Test, Stage and Prod
- Skill at evaluating level of effort, while providing dependencies, risks and mitigation options
- An ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to see projects at the big picture level while keeping an eagle eye on all of the minor tasks, details, and deadlines involved in successful production and project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with large scale content management systems (TeamSite etc.) and development platforms (iOS, Android etc.) and common mobile devices and platforms a plus
- Familiarity with use of DAM (Digital Asset Management) systems
- Previous agency and automotive experience a plus but not required
- Quality assurance experience
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Updating content via an established content management system and work flow
- Editing, resizing, reformatting and modifying digital assets as needed.
- Working with Project Management and Production teams to maintain schedules, provide project status, review client feedback and satisfy deliverables.
- Collaborating with the Idea Management, and Development teams to ensure that the proposed revisions or updates can be produced within client-specified timeframes and budgets.
- Collaborating with external third-party front and backend teams when template, coding and/or database revisions are needed.
- Managing day-to-day tasks and being able recognize potential challenges and risk factors early in the game.
- Work closely with outside dev teams to perform and verify task and tool testing.
- Updating excel sheets with HTML styling.
- Assisting with scoping of projects
- Working closely with all team disciplines (Production, Project Management, Technology, Resource Management and Development Partners)
- Creating, compiling and maintaining project and department technical documentation as-needed (Production/process/on-boarding binder, server folder structure, resource sheet, roadmap/pipeline, resource allocation, video library etc.)
- Helping in Identifying and leveraging technology as needed to meet project objectives
- Responsibility to keeping accurate time sheets and submitting them in a timely manner
- Responsibility for meeting management and note taking
- Being an expert of all platform dependencies, technical requirements and applications
- Partnering & collaborating with TMS vendors and internal teams regarding TCOM process, deployment, risks and mitigation plans
- Assisting with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned