Title: Director of Experience Design / XD
At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As Director of Experience Design, you will set a vision for the department that will elevate the work and strengthen the team. You will be focus on strategizing cross platform unity, across multiple client’s digital properties (responsive web, mobile, tablets, apps) and will act as the user advocate throughout the product development lifecycle.
You need to be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences, be able to inspire the team, problem solve, be self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail. You will be expected to communicate and lead multiple clients, provide insight into UX decisions and collaborate with your project team. Working alongside the various department in the agency. XD, Creative Directors, and Account Directors. Most importantly you will need to be a partner to clients and they would be looking to you to provide insights and direction.
Although a director role, a great asset to have is the ability to be hands on when necessary. Hence prior experience in taking projects from concept to execution will be key to success.
Candidate should hold these 3 innovation strengths
• Advocate and be the voice of our customers in the full product development lifecycle.
• Set the stage to drive performance, through being a role model and a team player.
• Encourage others to positively do their best; support your team by clearing paths; helping to remove obstacles in their way.
• Model and establish best practices in user research, testing, implementation & design, between your team and the product groups (IM, PM, QA, Dev)
• Drive digital standardization and consistency by ensuring team members and Product Teams adopt our design language (UX Pattern and UX educational process).
• Meet with each project team periodically for check-ins (setting expectations, getting feedback)
• Demonstrate thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in all areas of Experience Design.
• Lead cultural change management: Identify and improve communication opportunities by openly addressing conflict and facilitates resolutions in a diplomatic way.
- Strongly influence the cross-functional team by demonstrating how experience design strategy impacts both customers and business goals.
• Take products to the next level by challenging traditional approaches and finding new ways of doing things.
• Work with your senior peers to implement and drive efficient UX/UI processes across the entire department.
• To introduce/explain/create performance measures for all team members working on a product.
• Think of new ways to ensure your team delivers based on our philosophy.
• Articulate the UX vision clearly; listen and consider other’s ideas across the department.
- Be an ambassador for Experience Design, championing the role we play in the success of the product.
• Be a collaborative leader with a player/coach mindset; bringing a positive and service oriented approach to your team’s work and the team.
• Shepard a unified and delightful experience across all products in your team’s domain.
• Ensure all appropriate UX artifacts are created to support the project & user need.
• Ensure your team has the tools and knowledge to achieve their best work possible.
• Be passionate about your contribution; balance hard work and have fun.
• Lead our team through mentorship, design guidance and strategy.
• Take pride in interaction, brainstorming and collaboration with the team.
• Teach and implement UX practices (both incremental and sweeping), by setting measurable goals/KPIs that support the needs of the user and business
• Display and prove a strong knowledge of UX principles and techniques.
• To ensure each individual knows our design language/library inside and out.
• Solicit feedback on improvements (team, process, communication).
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Working with team and clients to identify requirements of project to ensure success
- Lead project discovery, sizing and scoping workshops.
- Creating and maintaining project briefs defining expectations, research and definitions
- Build best practices and UX/interaction standards with guidance from the Sr. Experience Designer
- Create analytics strategy to support UX decisions and measure against business metrics.
- Manage relationships between multiple teams
- Presenting concepts to executives and project teams.
- Communicating ideas, best practices and guiding principles for creating world-class user experiences.
- Conducting user research and competitive analysis.
- Translating business requirements into documented navigation flows and wireframes.
- Working closely with UI design and development to ensure ideas can be implemented as presented.
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring.
Competencies, education, training & experience
- Highly motivated and self-starter. Thrives on short timeline deliverables.
- Agency Experience a Plus, Tech and enterprise background preferred
- Demonstrated experience with successfully planning, conducting and documenting: stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries and brainstorming sessions
- Demonstrate experience with various user testing methodologies
- Analytic integration experience – measuring UX against consumer & business goals
- Self Starter. High level of motivation to solve existing problems while anticipating new issues. The ability to produce results independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX design responsive and adaptive sites
- Ability to create solutions designed to scale and grow over time, as the functionality and content matures and as user requirements evolve
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, collaborating with dev, visual design and producers.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- URL portfolio with interaction examples and click-through prototypes
- Sketch, Invision, Axure, and Priniciple