At Saatchi we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. We believe that, when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other, and in ourselves and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As an Associate Media Director, you work closely with the Consumer Communications (C2) group in developing and implementing strategies to generate earned media outcomes that provide additional reach, amplify impact and improve the ROI of media programs and engagement marketing efforts.
Success for this position is measured by the ability to lead and manage a team that can creatively secure non-paid earned media, including editorial placements, social media mentions, content integrations and cross-promotional support. Fostering strong relationships with publishers, editors and professional athlete/celebrity talent as well as key internal and client partners is a key criteria for this role.
An ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how digital and non-traditional media operates, possess strong analytical skills, be able to effectively manage a team and have 9+ years of experience in an agency setting working in media, account management or public relations.
Candidate experience should include:
- Exceptional persuasive communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
- Well versed in brand storytelling and experience in working with production teams
- Experience effectively managing a team to produce desired outcomes
- Ability to develop strategies, clearly articulate desired outcomes, ensure project objectives are met and merchandise past successes
- Strong attention to detail and ability to help team members prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Proven success managing client requests and flawlessly implementing feedback
- Ability to lead and develop long-term and multi-scenario plans
- Experience in implementing successful traditional, PR and/or social media measurement and valuations
- Experience working with professional athletes and/or celebrities is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Development of earned media plans, pitches and ecosystems
- Manage team of Earned Media Strategists
- Report to Director of Earned Media, helping to prioritize projects and develop earned media strategies
- Manage department budget, recommending effective project spend
- Integral role in planning/development of unpaid/content media strategy
- Work closely with PR team in communication of goals and aligning systems of measurement
- Collaborate with other departments on key integrated media programs to ensure unpaid focus is maximized
- Identify media-friendly stories associated with new and existing programs
- Identify and leverage new technologies to extend earned reach
- Conduct outreach to media/publishing/brand partners and establish ongoing relationships
- Manage a team in tracking, measuring and amplifying earned media coverage
- Support day-to-day requests across varying client stakeholders and establish ongoing relationships with key clients/stakeholders
- Identify cross promotional/departmental opportunities to maximize media dollars
- Demonstrate passion for creating new methodology, processes and solutions