TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Director Project Management
At Saatchi we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
We also believe that creating transformational work requires passion, tenacity and a focus on measurable results and business success for the clients we service. As a Project Manager, you will drive the workflow of digital, social and print projects to meet client deadlines and serve as an agency process leader.
Success for this position is measured by:
- The ability to assertively and effectively drive the workflow of various projects, meeting client deadlines and major milestones.
- The ability to manage different project types and to handle increasingly complex projects.
- The ability to enforce and champion agency processes and best practices in alignment with agency and client business goals.
An ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of project management experience in an ad agency managing projects in multiple mediums, including digital, video, social and print.
Candidate experience and skills should include:
- Multi-disciplinary project management experience, including digital, social and print.
- Ability to drive multiple streams of work concurrently while meeting deadlines and maintaining proper documentation.
- Familiarity with advertising process, including strategic development, media buying, and production.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to break down complex information into understandable pieces.
- Ability to interact with and represent department to a range of people, from entry-level to upper management and Leadership.
- Ability to work independently to tackle problems and generate solutions.
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure and keep a positive demeanor.
- High standards for work and behavior; accountable and dependable.
- Ability to be thorough and direct and to show rigor in the execution of the PM role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Acrobat Professional and Basecamp.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop; knowledge of social media platforms.
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends, as needed.
- College degree preferred.
- Seek a thorough understanding of assigned disciplines, including parts of the process not directly involving day-to-day project management tasks.
- Remain current in industry topics; seek constant learning and improvement.
- Accurately and consistently follow department and agency processes and best practices.
- Understand and articulate business reasons behind agency processes and best practices.
- Identify and effectively respond to issues and recommend solutions.
- Regularly share information and status with supervisor.
- Manage projects or campaigns from brief through delivery. Act as hub of information for creative, account team, media, strategy and production. Participate in project core team.
- Be an assertive leader; the “glue and the grease,” organizing the project, pulling together details, and moving the project forward.
- Ensure projects work start with appropriate information and appropriate team members.
- Develop a project plan and overall project schedules; identify and resolve potential scheduling issues.
- Pro-actively obtain and effectively communicate project status and next steps daily, in alignment with project plan.
- Inform and control internal workflow; tactically manage day-to-day operations. Understand how the details roll up to the big picture. Forecast next steps to meet major milestones.
- Ensure projects stay on schedule. Ensure team is aware of deadlines, understands processes and has the resources to meet deadlines. Track issues and work with team to manage impact to project.
- Ensure involvement of appropriate team members during each project phase.
- Ensure project team is following agency processes.
- Document, elevate and communicate implications if deadlines are missed or processes are not followed. Adjust plan so project stays on track.
- Facilitate create development process, including preparing for creative presentations to client.
- Route work for internal approvals. Ensure clarity of communication during routing process. Supply appropriate backup. Maintain project files.
- Ensure assets are numbered and routed appropriately. Enforce asset process.
- Set up internal creative review meetings and lead status meetings.