TITLE: Director, Connection Insight Strategy
REPORTS TO: Group Director, Connection and Insight Strategy
At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And, we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
As a Director, you work closely with the Connection & Insight Strategy team of planners in developing and implementing a culture that inspires creative strategies.
Success for this position is measured in the ability to work with your team to develop strategies that inspire creative teams to develop communications that are contextually relevant across all media, from mobile, to social, to broadcast, to print, as well as highly targeted, data-informed content. And, you must bring our clients along on this ride.
The candidate must be a change agent who not only embraces but fuels the culture in our planning department...
Be agents of culture. Be curious about all of the beliefs, passions, activities and places where people and our clients brands live and intersect. Discover what matters most. The challenges we need to solve and the human truths that will help us do that. Interrogate the data and listen to your heart. Be audacious enough to be original. Then turn all of that into something so simple, so true and so clear that it will inspire teams to be even more audacious.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead both the creative strategy and the process it takes to get there, as well as manage and inspire his/her team and clients. Candidates must have 6+ years of strategic/account planning experience and have firsthand experience managing strategy with clients.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Work with their team to develop inspiring strategic briefs that connect the people to the product by leveraging the most relevant triggers and tensions from people (aka targets) and culture to inspire the best and most relevant creative ideas across all channels including broadcast, online including all social platforms, offline (as in, events) and highly targeted, data-informed content.
- Work with their team to partner with digital strategists to make ensure great engagement and distribution of ideas. Get in the trenches and ensure that these different teams collaborate, give and take, and work as a team. Less about who owns the idea, more about making it work hard.
- Help their team and the agency develop our data-informed marketing practice and make it part of our go to market plans, which will include a combination of mass marketing and targeted marketing working seamlessly together.
- As a strategic thought-leader, the Director must build and maintain trust with creatives and throughout the agency
- Manages and mentors a brilliant and talented team of Connection & Insights Planners.
- Maintains positive, proactive, and influential relationship with clients, leading them with transformational strategies, solving communications challenges, and exploring new communications opportunities
- Strategic management of all creative projects, from brief to execution
- Manages all research projects related to clients business
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
Candidate experience should include:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- Proven thought-leadership on high profile brands
- Be associated with groundbreaking and award winning work
- A track record of innovative and provocative thinking
- Well versed in qual/quant research methods (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research- any type of interviewing skills) and have ability to see and adapt insights
- Strategy development and brief writing to inspire creative content across all channels ranging from broadcast to online including social strategy development.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills, and presentation skills should be best in class
- Must be able to present briefs to creatives in a clear and concise way through compelling story and unique, multi-sensory presentation methods
- Innate curiosity to want to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick