TITLE: Director of Digital Strategy
At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that, when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As the Director of Digital Strategy, you work with creative and business leads to set and maintain the vision for Toyota's Digital practice. You will work closely with the Strategy and Analytics groups to arm your team with consumer insights and data (website and DMP) to understand and represent the voice of the consumer. You will then then partner with the Creative, IM, Experience Design, and Technology groups to ensure that voice is central to the design, construction, and optimization of the Toyota digital properties.
Success for this position is measured by the following criteria:
- Effectively build and lead a team of hard-working strategists
- Provide vision and leadership for large user research efforts
- Synthesize customer and business insights into the development of creative briefs, strategies and presentations
- The ability to guide a strategic concept to completion
- Fostering strong relationships with cross functional discipline internal leaders as well as with the agency's clients
- Translating strategic positioning of a portfolio of products to guide creative development on digital, film and print platforms
An ideal candidate is part strategist, part philosopher, part perpetual student; you have a hunger for new and innovative ideas, and an ability to shape those ideas into actionable strategies and tactical executions. This candidate should adapt quickly to change, making constant adjustments to strategy, process, and work output based on the ever-changing digital environment and needs of partners and clients. Lastly, this candidate should be an effective leader; collaborative, selfless and constantly seeking ways to help team members across the agency be successful.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a high-performing team of Content, Platform, and UX strategists
- Development of strategic briefs, insights presentations and trend analyses
- Partnering with Analytics to set actionable and measurable objectives for projects and optimizations
- Consulting on creative work from initial idea through to execution
- Supply the agency with thought leadership on digital priorities based on your knowledge of the industry, our clients business and the consumer marketplace
- Identify new digital innovation opportunities (technologies, partners, trends) and sell through to internal and client stakeholder teams
- To champion the use of data to inform customer journeys, cross-tier, cross-brand experiences, and single-view-of-the-customer tools and marketing on behalf of our client.
- Be a part of the launch communications planning and go-to-market plan for major launches.
- Support day-to-day requests across varying client stakeholders
- Demonstrate passion for creating new processes and solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
Candidate abilities/experience should include:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- 3-4 years experience in an advertising agency or startup setting, working with clients and top consumer brands
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time effectively
- Proven track record as an effective manager and leader of people
- You should be a digital junkie, someone who obsessed with and deeply immersed in the latest digital trends
- Mastery of storytelling, particularly brand storytelling
- Expertise in mobile (apps and native web)
- Exceptional and persuasive communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information; both quantitative and qualitative; and synthesize customer and business insights into the development of creative strategies
- The ability to shepherd projects from start to finish by, a) clearly articulating desired outcomes, b) ensuring objectives are met, and c) communicating results with stakeholders in a simple, accurate and timely fashion
- Strategy experience in building and maintaining automotive websites, or the equivalent of experience where the consumer shopper journey is long and characterized with complexity
- A proven understanding of the clients business, economics, major customer segments and competitive set
- Has participated in crafting platform work on large digital properties including websites, apps and connected ecosystems
- Ability to lead effectively across disciplines with both traditional and digital teams
- Experience with working with cross-functional team leads to allocate resources effectively and manage team member priorities against current SOWs and Project Pipeline
- Ability to engage in or manage digital enterprise user testing