Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles, is a fully integrated advertising agency. We know the power of great ideas positively impact our clients business - and we do believe great ideas can live anywhere. We know creating innovative and transformational work requires the initiative that comes from an entrepreneurial spirit, with a bold commitment to achieve measurable results and business success.
We believe in our people, and we know our people are key to our success. When we work as a team, Nothing Is Impossible.
Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles has a once in a lifetime career opportunity for people ready to step to the challenge. Our long-standing global client, Toyota, is beginning an 8-year relationship with a Global Sports Organization and we are hiring people to join the dedicated Global team based in Los Angeles.
The Saatchi & Saatchi team works as one-team with our business partner team at Dentsu Tokyo -- together we lead the global advertising and communications for Toyota's global sports partnership.
The people who join our Los Angeles based team, should have the experience and desire to work on a global assignment. The team works across multiple languages, currencies, cultures, time zones and will be expected to create systems, processes, procedures to streamline our work flow and improve communication. The Global Team will be expected to work with the country teams (including the U.S.), but will not have specific assignment responsibilities for country-specific work.
As the Communications AMD, you will be looked at as a leader within the Global Media team. Core responsibilities of the job involve applying critical and creative thinking beyond the scope of media solutions including translating expectations into deliverables and communicating those deliverables across several countries and other advertising agencies. Associate Directors on the team are required to have strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and solutions through writing and presenting strategic, executive level documents. Managing communication and balancing agency realities across departments is also critical to the Associate Director role.
Success for this position is measured by the following:
- Strong comprehension and application of marketing objectives and strategy
- Strong understanding of multiple forms of media planning and buying including broadcast, digital (including search and social), print, and out-of-home
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners/teams including clients, outside agencies, media partners, account management, creative, production, analytics, strategy and project management
- Innovation through inspiring the team
- Responsible for all direct reports
- Innovate existing media process to be more efficient and more innovative
- Ability to generate and evolve ideas proposed internally and by media partners
- Working with the analytics team to develop and utilize intuitive, thoughtful, useful performance analysis and metrics
- Producing work that delivers on clients goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results
- Professional demeanor when dealing with internal and external partners
- Integrity and optimism, regardless of the situation
- Leading by example, finding solutions and striving for excellence in all areas
An ideal candidate will be an established leader with the knowledge and skills to translate a vision for the team into best-in-class media solutions based on strategic insight that amplify a campaign to deliver on client goals.
An ideal candidate will need to be a self-starter with the knowledge and energy to provide strategic leadership for clients, partner agencies, execution teams and management to ensure flawless communications and program implementation.
Candidate experience should include:
- Minimum 6-8 years of integrated media and marketing experience with a focus on integrated media,
- Minimum of 4 years in a management role
- Experience working with contracts and budget management
- Global experience not required but highly valued, including coordinating campaigns across global markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and previous client relationship experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Innate curiosity and aptitude (staying abreast of trends and activities in the digital marketing) that proactively demonstrate thought leadership
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital media with specific experience in search
- Demonstrate resourcefulness to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- Working comprehension of strategy development and required media math
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing
- Ability to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Automotive or retail media experience is desirable
- AdWords Certification a strong plus
- Well-developed team management skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changes in direction
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of paid search strategies (write, present and execute strategies)
- Learn and speak knowledgably to the strategic needs of our client business
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (clients, media vendors)
- Collaborate with Account, Creative, Strategy, Production and Measurement teams to ensure strategic alignment
- Proactively address process and communications issues and impediments
- Responsible for coaching, guidance, inspirational leadership and performance management of all direct reports
- Support and inspire the work and the people
- Other duties as assigned