At Saatchi LA, we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe everyone matters, and we believe when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
Our collective goal is to create compelling user experiences that engage consumers with our brands and inspire loyalty beyond reason. We are a diverse group of like-minded individuals, brought together by a passion for creating unexpected breakthrough ideas based on insightful strategies. The work on behalf of our client positively influences popular culture through a vast array of media channels. We are thought leaders, collaborators, finishers, and believers in the flawless execution of cutting edge advertising.
At Saatchi Dallas and LA, we believe that creating transformational work requires passion, tenacity, curiosity, and optimism. We believe in bringing out the best in each other, and in ourselves in a culture built on collaboration and support.
As a Saatchi team member, you are a visionary and an innovator with a cutting edge acumen and a zest for experimentation. If you can see yourself here, keep reading!
As the Communications Director, Comms Group you will need to be a self-starter and a leader with the knowledge and passion to provide strategic direction for clients, partner agencies, execution teams and management to build communication plans that are best in class and strive for constant innovation:
As a Communications Director of the Comms Team you will be one of the key leads within the Consumer Communications (C2) Group in Dallas. Primary responsibilities will be lead the Dallas-based team in the development of Comms Goals and Briefs that drive the creation of the model-specific plans across Toyota. The group works in partnership with clients (TMS – Media), ROMI, Core Team, T2 Partners to develop briefs. The Comms team is then responsible for briefing the LA-based execution teams for plan development. The Comms Team objective is to compile known insights for planning projects, align the overarching comms strategy, and then inspire/direct the execution teams to create outstanding media programs.
Success for this position is measured by the following:
- Complete comprehension and application of marketing, advertising, media objectives and strategies
- Strong understanding of multiple forms of media planning including National TV, Digital, Print, OOH, and Social. The ability to talk on these subjects with varied levels of detail. High level (Strategic) where needed, and to some level Operationally (Tactical) with execution teams.
- Seek out innovations
- Build innovations in our work, in the category, in the consumer experience
- Inspire the Saatchi teams as well as the clients
- Inspire teams to create work that delivers on client goal and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results
- Responsible for the management and success of all direction reports
- Lead for coaching, guidance, inspirational leadership and performance management of all direct reports
- Evaluate existing planning processes
- Build for Innovation Efficiently
- Foster strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (clients, media
- vendors) and drive that skill across the Comms Team
- Ability lead a team to envision overarching strategies that execution teams will build towards
- Collaborate with Account, Creative, Strategy, Production and ROMI teams to ensure strategic alignment
- Proactively address process and communications issues and impediments, empower your team to do the same
- Always lead by example, finding solutions and strive for excellence in all areas
- Support and inspire the work and the people
- Minimum 10 years of solid media planning experience across varied media – Broadcast, Digital, Print,
- OOH in a supervisory role
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and excellent client relationship experience
- Proven ability to hold relationships across a variety of levels (C-Suite to Entry-level Clients)
- Innate curiosity and aptitude (staying abreast of trends and activities in media) that proactively demonstrate thought leadership
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of National Advertising clients (Automotive or Retail category preferred)
- Demonstrate resourcefulness to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- Work as a positive leading force for your immediate team
- Working comprehension of strategy development and required media math
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing
- Proven ability to develop and teach the adjustment of business writing dependent on the audience
- Proven ability to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Excel in time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task across a team