At Saatchi we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
As a HTML5 Banner Developer/Creative Animator, you work closely with the senior front-end developer, production and creative departments in developing content that brings the creative vision to life while managing costs and adhering to deadlines. Success for this position is measured by the ability to execute national campaigns across digital display advertising. An ideal candidate will be required to have an solid understanding of banner development best practices. You will work with the digital studio team to ensure the highest quality design, animation, and overall quality of projects.
An ideal candidate will have 2+ years of banner development experience.
Candidate experience should include:
- Experience in HTML5 banner ad animation development
- Strong Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of design, composition & animation principles
- Ability to compose scenes & generate assets for animation from static imagery in Photohop
- Knowledge of optimization principles and techniques (Image Optimization, Code Minification, etc)
- Ability to apply feedback efficiently
- Familiarity with project planning software (e.g. FastTrack, Teamwork, Github)
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and professionally
- Front-end CSS pre-compilers like SCSS
- Understanding of server-side principles
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging
- Familiarity of ad serving platforms such as DoubleClick, Flashtalking, and Sizmek
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Take design brief and requirements and translate it into creative HTML5 animated ads
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively across disciplines with Producers, Art Directors, and external partners.
- Provide accurate estimates and help manage and coordinate projects
- Participate in regular development meetings to discuss project progression and plan new implementations
- Diagnose and debug issues in staging and production environment
- Other duties as assigned