At Saatchi, we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And, we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
As a Strategist, you’ll work closely with the Connection & Insight Strategy team in developing and implementing strategies that solve business or consumer problems and inspire new ideas and work that gets people excited.
Success for this position is measured by the ability to provide analysis of research, and to distill data and insights into briefs, strategies, and presentations that tell stories that creative and media partners can actualize. Success is also measured by an ability to steward brand and product strategies through the creative process in order to ensure that objectives are met.
The ideal candidate should be culturally aware, have a strong understanding of the client’s brand and category, and be extremely resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is fueled by curiosity and can independently identify insights, tell meaningful stories, and write strong briefs. They should also have 2-3 years of experience in an advertising agency, strategic planning preferred.
The candidate must be a change agent who not only embraces but fuels the culture in our planning department…
We are agents of culture. We’re curious about all of the beliefs, passions, activities and places where people and our clients’ brands live and intersect. We discover what matters most and identify the challenges we need to solve and the human truths that will help us do that. We interrogate the data and listen to our hearts. We’re audacious enough to be original. Then we turn all of that into something so simple, so true and so clear that it will inspire teams to be even more audacious.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Start by turning observation, data and research into insight. This means partnering with our Marketing Science team on analysis and profiling. And, partnering with other Connection & Insight Planners on research. Uncover the problem we need to solve and the insights & motivations that will help us truly understand the target.
- From that, develop creative briefs that inspire creative ideas that can come to life across all channels and places including online sites and social platforms, offline (as in, events), broadcast and highly targeted, data-informed content. Think ideas, not just ads.
- Partner with Marketing Science team plus media and digital creative to develop “Creative Data Strategies” that ensure we deliver relevant content to the right targets at the right times and places along their customer journeys.
- Be the trusted partner that creatives depend and partner with on projects.
- Gather and interpret research on consumer, cultural and competitive trends
- Engage with cultural trends in order to bring those insights to the development of strategy and creative
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research
- Represent strategic thinking behind work, regardless of medium
- Engage and participate in workshops, brainstorms, and meetings
- Proactively stay up-to-date on the industry to be knowledgeable experts on our clients’ business
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- B.A./B.S. required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working as a strategist/account planner in an agency environment
- Must have experience supporting the development of creative for clients
- Must have strong presentation skills and be able to develop presentation materials that are clear, concise, and intriguing
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Innate curiosity to want to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a confident writer
- Must have experience analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research
- Must understand both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-team settings
- Must possess open-mindedness to new ideas and ways of looking at things
- Resourcefulness (Must be able to creatively use resources to proactively solve problems and get the job done)