TITLE: Senior Planning Director - Retail, Connection & Insight Strategy
REPORTS TO: Group Director, Connection and Insight Strategy
At Saatchi, we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And, we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
As a Senior Director, you work closely with the Connection & Insight Strategy team of planners in developing and implementing a culture that inspires creative strategies.
Success for this position is measured in the ability to work with your team to develop strategies that inspire creative teams to develop communications that are contextually relevant across all media, from mobile, to social, to broadcast, to print, as well as highly targeted, data-informed content. And, you must bring our clients along on this ride.
The candidate must be a change agent who not only embraces but fuels the culture in our planning department…
Be agents of culture. Be curious about all of the beliefs, passions, activities and places where people and our clients’ brands live and intersect. Discover what matters most. The challenges we need to solve and the human truths that will help us do that. Interrogate the data and listen to your heart. Be audacious enough to be original. Then turn all of that into something so simple, so true and so clear that it will inspire teams to be even more audacious.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead both the creative strategy and the process it takes to get there, as well as manage and inspire her/his team and clients. The candidate must have 6+ years of retail strategic/account planning experience and have firsthand experience managing strategy with clients.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
· Absorb, evolve and activate the research and data-driven approach to creating successful retail sales event we have put in place. This involves understanding best practices to date but also intelligently evolving the learning to stay current in the ways consumers interact with media, technology and brands.
· Work with their team to develop inspiring strategic briefs that connect the people to the product by leveraging the most relevant triggers and tensions from people (aka targets) and culture to inspire the best and most relevant creative ideas across all channels including broadcast, online including all social platforms, offline (as in, events) and highly targeted, data-informed content.
· Work with their team to partner with digital strategists to ensure great engagement and distribution of ideas. Get in the trenches and ensure that these different teams collaborate, give and take, and work as a team. Less about who owns the idea, more about making it work hard.
· As a strategic thought-leader, the Director must build and maintain trust with creative teams and partner directly with senior creative and IM talent.
· Manages and mentors a team.
· Maintains positive, proactive, and influential relationship with clients, leading them with transformational strategies, solving communications challenges, and exploring new communications opportunities
· Strategic management of all creative projects, from brief to execution
· Manages all research projects related to client’s business
· Ability and willingness to travel as required
Candidate experience should include:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of strategic/account planning experience. Needs to have experience with retail strategy.
· Experience with strategy development and brief writing to inspire creative content across all channels ranging from broadcast to online including social strategy development.
· Well versed in qual/quant research methods (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) and have ability to see and adapt insights.
· Proven thought-leadership on high profile brands.
· Be associated with groundbreaking and award-winning work.
· Verbal and non-verbal communication skills, and presentation skills should be best in class.
· Must be able to present briefs to creatives in a clear and concise way through compelling story and unique, multi-sensory presentation methods.
· Innate curiosity to want to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick.
· Strong desire for advancement into senior leadership role within Saatchi’s Strategic Planning Department.