TITLE: Associate Communications Director (Core Team- Campaign Development)
REPORTS TO: Communications Director
At Saatchi we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves, and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
We also believe that creating transformational work requires initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit, a constant drive to learn and ask questions, and a bold commitment to achieving measurable results and business success for the clients we service.
The media communications department is staffed with extraordinary talent who develop world-class ideas, while running the day-to-day operations of the department, flawlessly. We continue to win with our clients through smart insight, strategy, and creativity. Our media team doesn’t just think in terms of media—they think more broadly in terms of inventing communications strategy and communications ideas. We don’t just believe media is both an art and science – we come to work to prove it every single day.
We’re looking for an inspirational leader who will fit in with our ideas-driven culture and continue to lead us to the next level of media excellence. We need someone who can collaborate not just across departments throughout the agency, but also within the media department, and turn big ideas into fully integrated campaigns.
The Associate Communications Director will be the media team’s representative voice on key campaigns and initiatives, collaborating with senior peers in Strategic Planning, Creative, and Account Services. As briefs evolve into ideas, the Associate Director will ensure media has the opportunity to help shape the idea by leveraging media platforms and the latest in emerging technology. Collaboration and communication across the media team will be of the utmost importance, as this role will be the lead voice in delivering media solutions that are both innovative and strategically sound.
It’s important to note, this position will not be assigned to any specific paid media channel, rather, will function across channels. This person will realized success by demonstrating their ability to work across teams and channels throughout the agency, as well as our multicultural agency partners.
As an Associate Director, you work closely with Director in consulting across campaigns for the Toyota account.
Candidate experience should include:
· 7+ years of integrated multi-media planning skill set, including an understanding of ALL media channels & buying approaches (TV, Radio, Magazine, Newspaper, Out of Home, Search, Social, Display, Events, Sponsorships, Programmatic, New Technologies, etc.), and proven experience developing integrated programs or big concepts from idea to execution and data application from audience insights to media strateigies
· Leadership: A charismatic leader to whom people are naturally drawn – instill a ‘nothing is impossible’ confidence alongside media knowledge of ‘what it takes to get it done’
· Business thinker: Understands the clients business and will contribute in a meaningful way
· Strategic Vision: A big-thinker with a strategic mindset who thinks in terms of business, brands and ideas, not just media.
· Creativity: Someone who can contribute creative content and contextual ideas at the highest level, inspiring confidence in our media team.
· Team Player: Someone who can check their ego at the door and fit into the Saatchi culture.
· Presentation and Writing Skills: Multimedia presentations are always integral to our business presentations; with an ability to deliver smart thinking in the board room is key.
· Proven experience in a leadership role – managing a media team, client leadership
· Some Agency and Automotive experience needed and/or like brand of scale/size
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with natural curiosity, comfortable in the unknown, and a strong communicator.
Candidate experience should include:
· B.A./B.S. Degree
· Working with clients with strategic focus across the purchase funnel
· Working with creative teams to connect media with campaign ideas
· Ability to quickly learn and apply thinking to evolving process
· Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing
· Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
Roles and Responsibilities include:
· Work closely with peers across the agency, specifically, to advance plan, integrate, and align with Strategic Planning, Creative, and Account Service and partner those inputs with thoughtful media insights and programs
· Work across the entire Toyota marketing plan, have a seat at the table with all other media disciplines, and advocate with the media client to ensure these campaign executions happen
· Leverage all existing media and engagement partnerships and, when aligned with the ideas platform, maximize their value’
· Understand and educate teams on new creative units, when & how to use it, apply best practices
· Partner with our Return on Marketing Investment and Central Agency Analytics teams to properly identify best practices and efficient marketing solutions
· Interface with the media client at Toyota, and be a dedicated resource available for both the product and media team
· Collaborate and align directly with senior level media team to implement across media channels, and identify funding solutions for related media ideas and programs
· Be a dedicated liaison with Toyota’s multicultural agencies to coordinate the development of integrated multi-agency communication plans