At Saatchi LA we believe in creating ideas that can live anywhere. We believe that everyone matters. And we believe that, when we work as a team, nothing is impossible.
We strive to bring out the best in each other, and in ourselves and expect applicants to understand the value of close collaboration.
We also believe that creating transformational work requires an entrepreneurial spirit with passion, tenacity, curiosity and optimism.
As an Executive Production Manager, your primary focus is to lead, motivate and grow the production team that works with the Content & Platform department. This group develops and implements new features and new content for Toyota.com and Toyota Owners in order to maintain and increase consumer engagement as well as produce top-tier campaign work. Secondary focus is to ensure that the team executes timely and flawless deployments and cooperates across disciplines to maintain the highest level of quality. Additionally, the candidate will evaluate and grow the capabilities of all team members. Lastly, will provide leadership to maintain velocity across all projects and maintenance requests with multiple partners and teams.
Success for this position is measured by:
- Successful management and growth of 6 - 10 production resources.
- Oversight on the team’s management of project creative process and delivery.
- Monitoring and guiding frequent and transparent communications between internal and external partners to maintain project velocity, build vendor partnership and to align internal depts. on achieving client & agency goals.
- Partnering with other discipline leads on road map development that will allow for solid resources and revenue management by looking at all projects being tied into the larger account picture.
- Maintain accurate weekly time reporting and burn tracking across all projects/requests.
- Ensure that evolving production process documentation is created and maintained.
- Seeking efficiencies within team and with all other depts. – staffing, asset creation, etc.
- Superior ability to problem-solve, gather requirements, assess risks, provide mitigations and change management skills.
An ideal candidate will have leadership and mentoring skills with 7 - 10 years previous interactive / digital experience working on or managing a full project lifecycle in website development. Proven ability to troubleshoot creative problems and strong ability to research, develop and create new cutting-edge work desired. Previous (small or large) agency experience working with large enterprise, high tech, and/or automotive clients is a major plus.
Candidate experience must include:
- Familiarity with core project management skills & tools (e.g. project initiation, budgeting, scheduling, scoping, resource, issue management).
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Project.
- Management of vendor schedules, budget and relationships.
- Communicate effectively internally and externally. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assimilate information quickly
- Minimum of 3+ years of client facing/ client management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to perform basic web and mobile QA and troubleshoot common issues in a development/staging environment
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities. Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to lead well under pressure
- Proactive, motivational, mentoring and encouraging approach
- Demonstrated understanding of digital project lifecycles and different project management methodologies/styles
- Ability to create a balance of trust and accountability with internal teams
- Manage up to directors and leadership to identify where efficiencies can be gained
Candidate experience should include:
- Agile/Scrum training and experience
- Experience within the digital online advertising ecosystem, including familiarity with production partners, rich media publications, and ad management systems like Doubleclick DART, FlashTalking, Medialets, Innovid.
- Advanced and credited experience as an interactive production manager or directly related experience.
- Proven success managing client requests and flawlessly implementing feedback
- Detail-oriented, self-starting individual with good judgment, excellent computer skills, an outgoing personality and team player.
- Technical orientation: love and comfort with all things tech, including consumer websites, website development, user interfaces, responsive/adaptive site development, mobile apps and video game devices.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work & short deadlines that often require working extended hours.
- Having led digital online advertising campaigns.
- Proven ability in analyzing and solving problems.
- Experience working with project requirement documentations such as BRD/FRD to identify traceability from KPI to use cases defining solutions
- Experience creating project processes and workflows and methods to identify interdependencies to further find project efficiencies and to educate teams on any areas where responsibilities overlap, assets are leveraged in multiple places therefore heightening risk
- Oversee project financials including resource burn and overall financial health.
- Understanding the basic of roles and responsibilities of a digital Creative teams (UX, Strategy, Visual Designers, etc...)
- Experience managing requests that include integration with multiple back-end systems e.g. APIs, data feeds, etc.
- Experience creating QA documentation
- Knowledge of platform, content management systems (TeamSite or similar), and bug tracking systems (JIRA or similar)
- Experience with developing apps for iOS, Android and common mobile devices and platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Supervise and oversee senior, mid and associate production managers
- Work closely with account, creative and technical teams to develop proposals, SOW's (project scope, schedules, and budgets) while considering any legal or product requirements
- Work with project leads and provide appropriate strategic thinking in all phases of business, client, and project development
- Work closely with all team disciplines (Strategy, Account, Media, Creative, UX, Development and Analytics) to find and maintain operational efficiencies
- Create and management of project legal documentation including NDA and MSA documents
- Consistently manage account and client expectations
- Communicate effectively with partner’s vendors
- Selecting vendor partners
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- Be a passionate about delivering the best creative, but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget
- Identify and leverage technology as needed to meet project objectives
- Track project metrics including budget
- Support day-to-day requests across varying client stakeholders
- Work with EVP (Cost Consultant)
- Create, distribute and archive project assets and documents
- Responsible for ensuring the team keeps accurate timesheets and submits them in a timely manner
- Run post mortems, as needed, to identify improvement opportunities
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Serve as an escalation point for (client and internal) issues as they arise
- Conduct resource and requirement gathering meetings internally or client facing in conjunction with development team and business analyst – be the person who understands the requirements the most
- Work with Senior Production Managers in managing team’s workload
- Other duties as assigned